Give Us a Call Today at 860-345-4100
Weddings are special, magical and hectic. This momentous occasion is one of the most important days in a person’s life and making it perfect takes a lot of hard work and planning. Though you may have a wedding planner working on the details it’s always a good idea to have your own bridal and groom checklist to make sure you don’t forget important factors such as when the photographer will arrive, when the reception starts and if all the wedding favors have been arranged. No one said a wedding was easy but if you plan ahead you can ensure your day is an occasion to remember. Take a moment to go through The Riverhouse wedding day checklist to see that all your bases are covered.
- Contact the wedding venue. Surely you or your wedding planner has been in touch with the facility manager but it never hurts to make one last call just to be sure.<
- wedding facility ctGet in touch with the stylist who will be doing your bridal hair and makeup. You may be going to the salon for the appointment or maybe you have an on-site service where they come to you but wither way double check your appointment times and make sure they have all the products you have requested.<
- Make sure your vendors are paid. If you’ve hired photographers, DJ’s, bartenders or caterers for your wedding make sure you have made at least a down payment in advance to ensure they will show up. Failing to make a payment can result in a vendor bailing on the event and leaving you in an uncomfortable situation.<
- Have your luggage ready. If you plan on going right to your honeymoon destination or just to a hotel for the night after your wedding pack a change of clothes in advance and have it ready at the wedding venue so you don’t have to rush around throwing things together at the last minute.<
- Get a song list to the DJ or band. Chances are you’ve discussed what music you want at your wedding reception already but it’s always a good idea to have a list for the band or DJ just so they know the most important songs you want played and specific times to play certain songs.<
- Eat. Brides and grooms will certainly be nervous on this special day but it’s important to have something solid for breakfast so you don’t get weak or faint later on. Remember, it’s going to be a long day and even if it’s just some power bars and energy drinks make sure you have something in your stomach.<
- Be prepared. Have a bag set aside that has beauty products such as tissues, hairspray, lipstick as well as umbrellas in case it rains and a back-up CD of music should the DJ forget some of your favorite songs.<
- Lastly, review with the wedding party the schedule of events. You’ve probably already done this at the rehearsal dinner but a quick run-through never hurts and will also be a good time for anyone to ask questions about staging and arrangements.